Thursday, November 7, 2013

Intersection Zine

For my Zine project I wanted to pay homage to my artwork I have made this year and use it as a reflection of my Senior Exhibition project.  I've worked with this concept on other projects but my Zine actually shows work i've made, artists' works that inspire me, and inspirational or meaningful quotes.  Never having made a Zine before I am quite pleased with the final project :).  This will be a great addition to my art portfolio and a keepsake of my senior year work.  Hope you all enjoy!





3 comments:

  1. I'm curious, is there a particular meaning to the colors/design of your back cover? Certainly it's reflective of an urban layout but I was just wondering if there was a deeper point being made with the color scheme that I may have missed. I love your art style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last piece was meant as a diptych with the piece that I have on the front cover of my Zine. I wanted to mimic the colors of that piece to tie into this one. I like using bright, vibrant colors in my work and I wanted to have them transition into grayscale to create contrast. I honestly just painted this piece without necessarily knowing what the colors meant. I should have had a reason but it just ended up that way in all honesty haha. Glad you like my work, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover of your zine is absolutely incredible! The colors work very well together. I love that throughout the zine, you changed the colors, but kept the same feel to the work. The sketched designs are very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete